Thursday 5 June 2014

Review | Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Deep Sun-Kissed Look

Hello lovelies, hope you're all having a good week! Today I have a review of the Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Deep Sun-Kissed Look - what a bloody mouthful! 

I usually steer clear of fake tan ; any pale girls like me will know that fake tan can be a slightly dodgy issue on our skin since the colour just doesn't look natural at all. On the rare occasions that I do use fake tan, I like to use an instant one because at least you know what colour you'll be right away. I have far too many memories of using gradual tanner a few years ago when I went to bed looking like Snow White & woke up the next morning thinking "Oh my god, Willy Wonka is going to be round any minute to recruit me to work in his factory with all of the other oompa loompas." 

Aaaanyways, this product has totally changed my views on gradual tanners & fake tan in general!


Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Deep Sun-Kissed Look | £2.68 (normally £5.36) | Available here

This product comes in two shades: light & medium. I of course went for light. It claims to be specially formulated for lighter skin tones to build up a natural looking tan. 

I'll start off by saying that this lotion smells AMAZING. It has apricot extracts in it which make it smell absolutely gorgeous & it doesn't leave the horrible biscuity smell the next day. It's not sticky, dries fairly quickly & leaves the skin feeling lovely & moisturised all day. 

When it comes to tanning it's where this product really impresses me! It's so gradual that it makes it look really natural. After the first application, your skin doesn't necessarily look tanned but it has a "glow". You then need to build it up over a few more applications until you get to a colour that you're happy with. For me, I needed about 4 applications before I would say I looked properly tanned. I really liked the very gradual aspect of this lotion because it meant that there were no horrible streaky disasters & no waking up the next morning looking 8 shades darker than you naturally are. After each application the colour just became ever so slightly deeper until it looked gorgeously tanned. It was a really nice colour as well, not orange but just a really nice sun-kissed colour as if I'd been on holiday for a couple of weeks. It may not be for you if you need a tan to work quickly but if you just replace your usual moisturiser with this then you're guaranteed to have a really natural looking tan within a few days. 

I'm extremely happy with this product & could not recommend the light colour enough if you're pale skinned & want a natural looking tan. I haven't tried any other gradual tanning lotions specifically for pale skin so I can't really compare the Garnier version with any other products but this has worked so well that I wouldn't even consider trying anything else! PLUS - it's only £2.68 in Boots (usually £5.36) so if you're considering buying it do it now! 

Have you tried this product? Or anything similar? What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any comments that you leave & will always get back to any questions!